09 Dec Youth Skincare
Teenage years are always stressful for everyone. It’s hard to get past the fact that your mind and body are going through so many unwanted changes.
These changes affect the skin a great deal. From acne breakouts to unwanted facial hair, teenagers have many obstacles to overcome, especially one’s with acne prone skin due to unbalanced hormone levels. These hormones create a raise in the sebaceous glands and the oil they produce.
The following tips will help you keep healthy, radiant skin.
1. Clean your skin with a soothing cleanser every night. Use products with calming exfoliants to help lift up blackheads. Cleansers with alpha hydroxy, lactic acid aid or salicylic help unclog pores.
2. Make sure you have a balanced diet, exercise regularly, drink lots of water and get enough sleep.
3. It is important to follow a good skin care routine, no matter how old you are, this includes moisturising and cleaning your skin daily along with proper sunscreen care.
4. Take Zinc or vitamin A supplements to help control the sebum development and minimise blackheads.
Important youth skincare tips for you to remember if you have acne prone skin
• Keep your skin clean, by washing your face with cool water.
• Eat a good amount of fresh vegetables and fruits.
• Use sunscreen at least twice in a day, all year round.
• Use products prescribed by a dermatologist.
• Exfoliate with gentle scrubs.
• Leave pimples and blackheads alone.
• Use a limited amount of topical creams.
• Use soft and gentle hand towels to dry your face.
Please do not hesitate to contact MIRA Clinic for any additional youth skincare information, Your happiness is our happiness!