06 Apr COVID-19 Update
Hi guys it’s Dr Andrew from MIRA Clinic.
It is with a heavy heart that I have made the difficult decision to temporarily close both MIRA Clinic West Perth and MIRA Clinic Joondalup as of 5pm Wednesday, March 25th 2020.
Over the past few weeks I have been paying close attention to COVID-19 related news, and I have been discussing the evolving situation with my staff and with my medical colleagues, particularly colleagues who are living overseas in countries most affected by the virus.
At all times MIRA Clinic has been reacting to the situation and following (and exceeding) all applicable government recommendations in order to keep our staff and clients as safe as possible.
Whilst it is not a government requirement (at this stage) for clinics like ours to close down, I can’t help but pay attention to the evidence. The countries that implemented strict social distancing early are definitely doing much better at fighting the virus and keeping their hospital services from being overwhelmed.
Wrinkle relaxer and other elective cosmetic treatments are important to many of you but they are not technically essential services (despite what some of you may say when you are trying to jump up our appointment waiting list!)
As your friend and your cosmetic doctor I want you to know that it is important to listen to the advice surrounding COVID-19. We are at a crucial stage, if we can slow this virus from spreading in the community then we can help to prevent our hospitals from being overwhelmed, help to save lives and and we can get back to normal business much sooner. The less we attend crowded areas, the easier it will be for our health services to track contacts of confirmed COVID-19 cases and therefore contain the outbreak.
Yes, social distancing and self isolation is inconvenient but the responsibility is ours to uphold. To get life back to normal and to minimise suffering we must act now and act together.
Please don’t hoard supplies, and please look for opportunities to help your neighbours and your community. Buying gift vouchers, and buying home delivery from local small businesses will help to support our economy and help us all to recover faster.
We will be donating all of our extra masks and Personal Protective Equipment to our hospital colleagues. I am very proud of our medical and nursing staff who will be joining our colleagues in the hospital and public health system.
Our hearts goes out to everyone who is being affected by this situation. I cant wait for things to return to normal and hope to welcome you back to the clinic soon
- Our team will be in touch with you if you have any appointments scheduled after the 25th of March to discuss your options.
- All deposits will either be refunded or kept as a credit on your file, let us know which you prefer.
- All expiry dates for vouchers and packages will be extended by at least 3 months.
- I will still be available for urgent consultations and video consultations, if you have any concerns please get in touch.
- I will be unable to check the phone messages in Joondalup after Wednesday 25th, so if you need to get in touch please use email or social media.
- If you would like to buy any skin care products please get in touch and I can post these out to you.
- We are taking new bookings from Monday 27th April onwards. I will review the situation the week before and be in touch as appropriate.
- If you’d like to have a treatment as soon as possible after our shut down, please get in touch so we can put you on our waiting list.
For the foreseeable future we will be quietening down on our social channels but we will be posting some educational focused content once or twice a week in an effort to keep you informed and entertained.
Please send through any suggestions on content you’d like to see.
Dr. Andrew Clark